The criticality and the high costs associated with Data Center demand that the companies carry through, periodically, complete surveys (assessment) of the real conditions of this environment. The goal is to build a detailed view of the Data Center, identifying points to be improved so that this infrastructure work in favour of ICT and business objectives of the user company.
In addition to examining the whole environment, the professionals of Go2neXt check out details of the functioning of the energy systems, refrigeration, security, processing, communication, etc. One of the first actions is to determine which is the critical applications, of BackOffice and the peripheral ones. This survey will guide the type of check that will be carried out in each of the infrastructure elements responsible for supporting these services.
After this phase, Go2neXt professionals develops a report that the actions pointed out is to be executed in short, medium and long run to promote adjustments in the Data Center. The diagnosis also includes essential information for the company to decide to adopt an external Data Center (outsourced) to expand quickly their processing power.
The Data Center Infrastructure Assessment service offered by Go2neXT includes:
• The environment itself, your location and possible structural vulnerabilities;
• The conditions of the building;
• Physical access security to the environment;
• The entire energy infrastructure;
• Cooling systems, electrical and mechanic that support the operation of the Data Center;
• Computer rooms (checking design, layout, size, details of this specific environment);
• General Equipment (verification of various computational devices such as computers, routers, etc. isolated ones and in rack).